Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Everyone thinks I have a man??

9 Posts
5 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@maysahu)

Hey girls, so I have this issue where men only follow me on my socials and rarely message me to try to get to know me and apparently I come across as someone who's in a relationship so men are scared to hit me up because they fear that I might reject them. I'm confused as to why I come across as someone who has a man because I follow these men back and also like their posts so I need advice on how to stop this from happening!! LOL. I also get told by people that I seem like someone who has a roster when in reality it's the opposite chileeeeee... 

8 Replies
 Lulu
(@lula)

"apparently I come across as someone who's in a relationship so men are scared to hit me up because they fear that I might reject them."

Quick question, are you one of those people that remove all their pictures on instagram ?

1 Reply
(@maysahu)

@lula SISSS no)): I rarely archive my pictures and always keep my highlights up! I also post pretty often, I don't really go ghost.

(@qamar)

maybe you don’t have any pictures or highlights up? even an avi? my account is private and girls only, i’m married and men still try to DM me even though I have a whole ring in my bio. maybe actively posting might make them know you’re not single? 

5 Replies
(@maysahu)

@qamar I have recent pictures up on my feed and highlights I also post pretty often so I'm not sure what the issue could be. LOOL!

(@qamar)

@maysahu maybe they’re just projecting sis 😭 bc I’ve noticed men and even some girls will assume a pretty woman must be having everyone on her line just for being pretty and that’s not always the case lmao.

Nimo
(@nimo)

@qamar Yeah usually this is the case that's why you have to show at least initially ur attracted to them

(@maysahu)

@nimo Thank you guys for the reply! I usually like their pictures to show that I'm attracted to them but maybe I'll try something else. But I'm definitely not sliding in no dms tho haha! Appreciate y'all. 😭

(@imjustagirlllllll)

@maysahu hey!! i agree with this. however...if you are "interested" in the lad, if u see a post on his story that you could give a veryyyy neutral response to...maybe you could do that. i.e if they post holiday pics, you could ask some questions about that. or if it's their birthday or they're celebrating something...that could be a good time to test the temperature and see if they are interested in having a conversation with you.